Friday

Where is he already? Maybe I really don't want him.

I am 41.  Never married.  No kids.  Have not been battered by the ugly stick.  So why haven't I found "the one" yet?  People say I'm too picky.  I'm not asking for much (am I?):  handsome in his own way, close to my age (even though I don't act it), funny as sh*t, employed, and lives like a grownup.

My age poses some issues to find my Mr. Ryan (as in Jake Ryan).  One, those who have been married once or twice, are now looking for the 20-something trophy (I would be the arm candy of the guy Guinness has declared "oldest in the world").  Those that have never been married are serial daters.  These guys believe there is always something greener (prettier, sexier, etc.).  My independence.  Not having to be on someone's schedule when I just want to sit in my pj's and watch John Hughes movies all day. Finding fault in the smallest things (I once dumped a guy after two dates because he didn't know how to kiss).  

Could I have become the most JADED gal on Earth????

....to be continued

No comments: