Monday

Clothing Swap with the Girls

So this coming Saturday, I am invited for Girls Night.  The theme is Oktoberfest and Clothing Swap.  We bring clothes that we no longer want, but maybe our girlfriends want.  Whatever is not picked will be donated to a women's shelter.

While this is commendable, I fear that nothing of mine will get picked.  You see, I am the 41 year old who hangs with 30-somethings.  Yes, we are all in the professional world, but I am not really a trendy-Forever 21-type gal.  I prefer staple clothing. Preppy, classic, Ralph Lauren. In other words, BORING!
What if no one wants my stuff?  Will they look at me differently when they see the size 6 on some of my items, but a size 10 on other, wondering which one I am NOW?  Will they think I have hideous style or what part of the closet did I find that poly-blend, shoulder-padded blazer in?


Screw it!  Maybe I'll just bring handbags, jewelry and shoes to swap....

No comments: