Tuesday

"Blocked" by a Celebrity Twitter-er

Or is it "tweeter?" 

One of my favorite actors growing up was John Cusack.  From the geek, Bryce, in Sixteen Candles (OK, I liked Jake Ryan more then) to Lane Meyer, to Lloyd Dobler, to Rob Gordon, to.... OK, you get my drift.

A few months ago I set up a Twitter account and followed maybe 8 people (I could not get on the Twitter-train for some reason).  Cusack was one of them I followed (notice the past tense).

I would read about Cusack taking motorcycle rides with his friends and the all-American places he was ending up mixed with rants of "satanic death to Fox News and GOP leaders."
When it first hit the airwaves, I tweeted him about the ruckus.

One of my favorite celebrity websites is Crazy Days and Nights.  He posted a blog about who your ideal boyfriend would be:  Lloyd Dobler (Cusack), Jake Ryan (Schoeffling), or Edward Cullen (Pattinson).  I "tweeted" this to Cusack.  

Ok, so I sent two tweets to Cusack.  I logged in one day and noticed I wasn't "following" him anymore.  I tried searching for him.  No luck.  Could John Cusack have blocked me from following his life of Twitter because of two random tweets I sent?  Did he consider me similar to the lady arrested in 2008 for stalking him?  (Of course, she was just a "misunderstood penpal.")

I've decided to ban all Cusack-related material.  It's people like me (in the 80's) who made him famous by spending my hard-earned babysitting money on seeing his movies over and over again.  Oh my, maybe I'm being harsh.  I'll still watch Midnight In the Garden of Good and Evil any day.

Out...

No comments: