Wednesday

My Little Pepsi Can (Honda) SMASHED

So I'm heading back to work from lunch yesterday.  I'm at the intersection of East Tupper and Washington waiting for the light to turn green.  Anyone who rides this stretch of road knows that people try to get through
all the lights on East Tupper so they can just sail onto the 33.  Well, they changed the timing of them.

Light turns green for me, I go, and the next thing I know I am facing the building on the corner and staring at two
cars that were waiting to go. I look to my right and there is an elderly gentleman who's car is parallelally (new word) hugging mine.  We are stuck together.

We get the cars apart, wait 15 minutes for the police (and those who know this corner, KNOW there is a police station right on the corner.  I could have walked over there and told them.  A nice gentleman from National Grid gave me his info and said he saw the guy blow the light and hit me.

Officer May shows up and the old man takes her to the side and says, "I don't know what happened.  I think she ran the light."  Are you kidding me?  Was this happening?  I tried to keep my calm and politely ask how I could "run" a light when I was in a "stop" position.

I am now waiting for the insurance companies to duke it out.  I'm not paying for any of this.  So, I walked home from work yesterday and rode my bike this morning.  35 degrees!  So I have a cold by the end of the week.  It's not like I'm going anywhere.

No comments: